Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ultimate 5 TENS unit



So last week I did not post I was kind of lazy about it. My nephew is staying with me for the summer so I was preoccupied with that. But anyway I went to the doctor last week and he gave me a tens unit. It is an Ultima 5.


If you are not sure what a T.E.N.S. unit(Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is I will explain. A tens unit is to help block the pain signals to your brain. Sometimes in physical therapy they will casually call it e-stim for electronic stimulus. If you have had it done in physical therapy it is basically the same thing just a portable unit.
There are 4 pads that are less sticky than a bandaid those get put on your body where the pain is. Those get connected to the leads that transport the electronic signal. I have two pads pictured below.


After you connect the leads to the pads you then connect it to the actual unit.


I have used it a couple of times the instructions are not really clear on the different modes. It seems to work well. The pads are smaller than the ones used at physical therapy. That does not seem to take away from what it can do.
If you have never used one before the first time is a bit different. My therapist says it feels like little tiny ants crawling on your back. I feel that is a pretty fair description. However, I feel that sensation changes the higher you turn it up, it starts to feel better. The lowest level is almost irritating because it is a lighter sensation. But then too high might be too much. It is all about personal preference.

Well I can't think of anything else to add about the tens unit today.
Until next time ...





5 comments:

  1. Going to a spa for relaxation is a nice experience but it’s not always convenient or affordable to go time and time again. To spare you from such troubles, we have created the New Tens Unit Electronic Pulse Massager.

    SantaMedical Tens Unit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to a spa for relaxation is a nice experience but it’s not always convenient or affordable to go time and time again. To spare you from such troubles, we have created the New Tens Unit Electronic Pulse Massager.

    SantaMedical Tens Unit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this very much. I have MS and my right shoulder and arm get very stiff,after using this it loosens up and I have more mobility with my arm.

    Tens Unit Electronic Pulse Massager

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used mine in a while. I still keep it handy tho!

      Delete
  4. Electronic Pulse Massager MV950, you can soothe tired or sore muscles in the comfort of your own home. This portable, compact massager is a Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) therapy unit that uses mild electronic impulses to stimulate muscles and alleviate pain.

    ReplyDelete