Monday, November 11, 2013

Limits on physical therapy


I am totally naive! OMG...so I never knew that that there was a limit on how many times a year you can go to physical therapy. Our system here is so flippin broken. They don't want to approve surgery and they also want to cap your physical therapy...don't wantcha to get too good!
Last year the cap was at 60 and because I have used them all I have to sign a form stating that I will go unsupervised. Not only unsupervised but I won't get the therapeutic massages, e-stym, or heat afterward. I am so bummed I was really naive I didn't think about that at all. As most of you know winter is the worst time for us. I wish I would have saved some for December. Now this coming year it will be capped 50 hopefully I won't need them all next year but you never know.
On a side note I woke up with a sore upper back...took a lot of stretches to get that out....but I think my muscle relaxer actually helped that the most. Pretty sure my boobs are to blame for that one. :)
Whelp that's all for tonight!
Take care.

15 comments:

  1. Where do you live to get 60 visits to physical therapy ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty good though. I live in Australia. You get 0 free visits unless proving you need it..then they give you 5 only lol. Private health vists run out quick at $60 a pop. Ddd is hard enough at a young age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Oh none of them are free. That's just what my ins allows. They cover 80% so it's roughly $18 a visit.

      Delete
    3. Does the insurance cost a lot? I know it sounds bad but it's good to talk to someone else younger who suffers from this. I mean that in the nicest way ever lol

      Delete
    4. Lol :) it is like $160 a month for me and my husband.

      Delete
    5. Yeah that's about what it costs my fiancé and I but it only covers around 6 visits each a year. Iv stopped going cause it doesn't help really. I've started I light yoga program the helps the best :)

      Delete
    6. Yeah there are different approaches. One uses Pilates as a main therapy, one uses mainly massage, all of it combined seems to be a help. The yoga is a lot off the stretches they give me to do at home. Hope it works out. It is such a hard thing to deal with daily.

      Delete
    7. Yeah I've gone through your older posts and I really feel for you :( your very funny though lol. I've cracked up laughing a few times :) my left knee is also quite bad so that makes things tough. Oh happy new year Jen :)

      Delete
    8. Happy New year to you too! I'm glad you find it a laughable read :) sometimes I reread and laugh at myself lol

      Delete
    9. Well you definitely are funny and you make me laugh :) is there some way we can talk more? Email or something. It'd be nice to swap stories

      Delete
  3. I am on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/jennifermichelleprasad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey :) I added you a while back. Thanks for the link. I'm thomas by the way. I hope your doing ok

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Thomas I've just been doing a lot of the same things with flare ups here and there. Thanks for the add!

    ReplyDelete