Tuesday, August 20, 2013

PT changes....


So I am about to be on my fourth physical therapist! Now they are trying to revert back to the beginning when I was working core all the time. With physical therapy I started with core strengthening, then therapeutic massages and stretching, then acupressure and cranial sacral method and now back to core strengthening. I made a full circle. Not quite sure what the new therapist will want to do. I have not yet done any traction...maybe that. Who knows all I know is I do feel better on days I go. It doesn't matter the method used, I do feel better. I may not be fixed and it may be a temporary "feel better" moment. But I do feel better when I leave.
I know a lot of people are against physical therapy or feel it doesn't work. That's okay because every treatment method does not work for everyone. Hopefully something you use helps alleviate some of the pain you experience. It does get hard because with chronic pain we get used to trying to ignore those signals. Pain just becomes an everyday part of our lives. We should be so advanced in medicine that we could just push a button and a machine would correct us. Right?...I think I will get to work on that :)

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I feel your pain. I'm 45 years old and I have
    DDD and I'm hypermobile. I feel so defeated and I'm tired of being in pain all the time. I have L4-L5 and L5-S1 fused. Just when you think it can't any worse it can. Now L3-L4 and L4-L5 are both shot and L4-L5 is bone on bone. It has only been two years since my last surgery. I've been to see three doctors and the only recommendation is to fuse these two segments. They told me to wait as long as possible because they don't know when this domino effect will stop. I'm on Nucynta ER and still living with level 7 pain every day. The doctors recommend getting off of pain medication but, how can I when I am in pain all the time. I wish I could slow this DDD down. My family is very supportive. I have a four year old daughter and I can't work because I can't sit longer than 30 minutes without getting a stabbing pain at base of spine. I have had tried everything epidurals, physical therapy, acupuncture, tins unit, and I even have a spinal cord stimulator. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I completely understand. It is a crazy thing we have. I hate that it affects so much. I work but I'm afraid for my future. I'm hoping catching it now and working hard will slow the progression. I am waiting I on insurance to see if they will approve my breast reduction. I am certainly hoping they do. People keep saying there is no way they'll deny it....but come on its insurance! Lol I don't want to get my hopes up. I am sitting on pin and needles waiting. I hope it helps more than what I think it will.

    ReplyDelete