Monday, May 20, 2013

Summertime is the best time!


This weather is crazy hot/humid, I was able to go for a short walk today and generated a ferocious sweat! I love the heat it makes me feel so much better. The heat just absorbes through my whole body and makes me feel awesome. The winter sucks! Cold weather brings on achy joints and tightens muscles. I hate it! I need to move somewhere nice and warm all the time. I could just lay out in the sun most days and just absorb the beautiful rays. :)
Wouldn't that just be perfect for us that are not so perfect?
Because of all the physical therapy and what my old therapist taught me I had to work harder to walk without pain. My upper back hurt a bit to support "the women" or my boobs as others refer to them as. My lower stomach muscles hurt because I had to tighten them. My lower back muscles hurt because I had to engage the kegel exercise. What is a kegel? A kegel is an exercise that you do mostly unknowingly. You do it when you have to pee but you have to wait. Or if you have ever pee'd in a cup or taken a pregnancy test you know you can stop your flow. The muscle that stops it is very tiny and if you repeat that contraction over and over as if you were stopping pee flow, you would be doing a kegel. It is a very helpful tool and you can do them anywhere or anytime you feel any activity might cause you pain.
All in all my little walk was quite successful. I walked with no pain! High five for me. My dog is even pooped and she is very high energy, I don't think she gets along with the heat. Oh jeez I hope she's not pregnant!! She has been looking fuller from the top lately. Maybe she is just being lazy, she did sleep a lot with me when I was sick. Today is my first pretty normal day since a nasty flu took hold of me. Ah well, if she is we will surely find out :)
Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment