Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dining Out


So I know most of you seen the title and were like "What? dining out? yeah right." Believe me I am with you on that. I don't even think of it as an option most of the time. My out to eat is considered as either someone bringing me something from outside of the bedroom or a drive-thru window. :) Where of course I am the passenger in my comfy laid back position just along for the ride. That would be only because I had to go out for something else like a doctor visit or something.
But lately I have been not feeling as much of a rush. Before this bit of a spell came on, I loved dining and going out. But then it started to happen where I couldn't sit down for long time I would feel tightening and get nervous my back would go out. This one time my husband and I went out late to Applebee's and I felt fine in the car ride but as we were sitting there waiting for our food and drinking out brewtus's(large beer) I felt I couldn't sit any longer. So I stood at our table luckily we sat in the bar and had a high table. My husband tried to accommodate me but it just didn't work we downed our beers, can't take them to go :) and boxed our meal up and left. I feel like I can sit for longer periods of time its just moving from that position that gives me issues. Like I won't be able to stand straight up.
As you know valentines day has passed and thats the day my husband and I officially met but we celebrate the week after on the 21st because that was our official first date. Some girlfriends and I went out on the town 9 years ago for valentines day just us girls. Little did I know I would meet my husband that night. Wow 9 years, we have been through a lot. Lots of smiles and lots of tears. Anywho we wanted to dine out and I was hoping to make it through the meal but I have been surprising myself lately. I did have a slow walk to the bathroom near the end. I usually do that when I am out as a test to myself. I am not sure why its like a mental challenge, if I can get up and go the bathroom even if its slow I am good. I feel like I can continue and be okay. But if it is too tough then I say ok lets go. I did make it through the meal and everything even dessert and I was okay!
I think maybe one of my bestest friends primed me from earlier in the week. She called out of the blue and took me to dinner. I have to say even though I have a crappy back I have good friends who try to keep things semi-normal for me. They even question if I took my pills so I can be somewhat comfortable. gotta love 'em.
I am pretty proud of myself lately. I was definetly sore that morning from the physical therapy the day before and I still managed to go out and make it through a meal without worrying too much. Hmmmm Maybe all that physical therapy stuff does help???????

No comments:

Post a Comment