Saturday, February 16, 2013

First round of PT



I started physical therapy yesterday. It went really well. One of the first things she said to me was "wow you are really young to have this". I told you guys, I hear it all the time. It kind of made me laugh on the inside when she said it. I was thinking, "I know tell me about it". Sometimes I wish I could get away with one liners like michelle from full house. I could have just looked innocent and said "awww nuts" and when she tells me what she wants me to do I could say "you got it dude" with a big thumbs up. But unfortunately I am a grown up and have to respond appropriately and give her my whole life story about my back.
After she told me I was young she continued to probe me. "So what happened, what did you do to your back". When people say this to me I almost get offended as though I did something to cause it. They don't understand that life caused it. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary well I guess, like I said in the "me and my back" post, these big boobs caused it. I think anyway.
Basically because it was my first time seeing her she had to push and stretch a lot of my body to figure out what causes pain and where exactly it hurts. I am still recovering. Its not too bad but because we spent so much time on the legs they are the worst.
She observed something that I observed a long time ago. She stated I looked crooked in the front but straight in the back. Everyone else I have said that to has said oh no its probably just your clothes. So she brought up a question of scoliosis. Hmmmmm?
Until I see her again the main thing I need to work on is my pelvic floor and controlling it. If you are not sure what that is, it is the space when you lie down between your low back and floor. If you tilt your pelvis you can make that space very small or even have it touch the floor. I need to work on movement of keeping that in line when I move my legs. Its hard.
Thats pretty much all so far. We will see next week what she has in store for me.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment