Thursday, February 7, 2013

Emotional Roller Coaster




Having this issue is unlike a lot of other illnesses or diseases. Although, it is called a disease it is not something that will kill you but it can slowly eat away at you. Some days I feel like I am okay I can handle this and then others I feel like crawling in a hole and dying. It has its ups and downs. It is easy to get depressed, when people have to do things for you because you can't do it for yourself it's the worst. I imagine this is what someone with a missing limb must feel sometimes. But I look totally normal. I am not pale due to lack of food or oxygen. I don't have a splint or a cast that visually signals something is broken. But something is broken. I sometimes walk funny. I sometimes can't stand straight. Sometimes my spirit is broken and I feel my will to live fade. If an animal is wounded we find it humane to put them down. But humans are viewed different. We want to live. We want to look at the positive. We want to make the pain and struggles seem minuscule compared to all the good. We have good things all around us sometimes its just hard to pull that out when we get in a rut. It feels like the bad out weighs the good. I wouldn't be human to say I never feel like I was being pulled down every once in a while. I sometimes cry thinking I am just to young to deal with this, why me God? Every description you see of this issue states "a sign of aging most common in the elderly". Just look it up on the internet those words are used in pretty much every single definition. But I can't sit and feel sorry for myself all the time if I did I would not get any where. There are things that happen in life and its okay to feel sad every once in a while. I have always said pain is temporary and this too shall pass. They are not original. But they are true.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is exactly how I feel. I am 26 and have a 2year old and it kills me when I can't pick her up on a flair up day. I am not ready to not be able to do thing in life that people my age should be doing. I want to be able to enjoy the early years of my daughter's life and some days I just can't. And it seems like just because there is nothing there that is visible then I am fine and it is all in my head or not that bad.

    ReplyDelete