Thursday, February 21, 2013

Did my PT just beat me up??



I just left physical therapy and felt like a I just got beat up, literally. We worked on Pilates today and we also worked on some new stretches.
We worked on a leg stretch where you lay on your back and pull your leg up and then try to straighten until you feel the butt and back of the thigh stretch. But you have to keep the other leg flat, no bending. Then another stretch where you put your ankle on your opposite knee and pull forward. That is a really good butt stretch. I never knew how tight my butt was LOL. The Pilates really works the core muscles in a serious fashion...well if you do it right. Believe me she made sure I did it right.
At the end of the session she gave me a nice therapeutic massage. It was really long =). I guess my muscles are so tight from having to take care of my back that she had to spend extra time on that, IDK. Also, got a nice giant hot pad on my back and bum. It was really relaxing. Then I stood up and felt all the work she just put into me. I felt so sore everywhere legs, stomach and back. When I told her it felt like she beat me up she said that was her job. Physical therapy is no joke.
I am debating on whether I should take a pain pill before I go. I don't think I should because she pokes me and asks if it hurts. I am thinking if I take one I may say no when it really does hurt because the edge is off. And I think she needs to know specifically where it hurts to help me the best. I suppose I should talk to her about that.
Anywho I am feeling alright now we will see how bad it hurts later. I will be writing later or tomorrow if it gets bad. So Later alligator.


No comments:

Post a Comment