Saturday, February 9, 2013

Grocery Day




So I am at the grocery store and I took some meds before I left thinking that should last me an hour that was just about right actually. I do have to say that I have such a supportive husband. I am one lucky gal in this department a lot of people in my position do not have a spouse or if they do they may not be that supportive. I feel guilty a lot because I can't do much. We used to spend the weekends hanging out at the mall. Now the thought of all the work it takes just to get there tires me out and makes my back hurt. :(
So anyway he drove because he has to drive us everywhere these days. However, sometimes I would rather endure the pain than let him drive. He scares me. LOL :) About 40 minutes of walking around the grocery store and I was done. My body was yelling at me to stop. So I tried to sit on a bench until we were ready to check out, nope to low. I was super uncomfortable so finally I decided to just go relax in the car while he finished. He reminded me to turn the seat heater on to try and help. I was barely shuffeling to my car. I opened the door and tried to get in, man was I in for a doozie. It was hard to even lift my leg but I did make it. Now I had to lean over and put the key in the ignition so the seat heater would work....that took some effort. I finally made it into the car and was relaxing or at least trying to. Then I felt bad for my husband. Just as I wrote the other day about people doing things for me because I can't. This is an example I can't even go for a full outing of grocery shopping without help.
Poor hubby finishing everything by hisself. It is just us two so we shouldn't have much to get ha ha we both love to shop. I was getting worried in the car scared my back would sieze up on me. I tried singing to the radio and falling asleep(a lot of these pills make me drowsy) but finally an hour later he came out. I was telling him I was sorry. He just said so sincerely "I am just glad you got to get out of the house." I appreciated that because he could have been mad at the situation or whatever but he was just like these things happen. He explained he was trying to hurry but the lines were so long it took forever. Which I figured it was so super crowded at the store. He doesn't mind I walk like a turtle as long as I am there with him. He always wants me to jump in those motorized wheelchairs at the stores but I always refuse. Well, I did agree once when I tripped and almost took off my big toe. That hurt to walk on.
A trip to the store did not turn out great I had to dip out early but oh well my husband still loves me. :)

I just love him...

No comments:

Post a Comment